Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

14 Week Picture



This picture was taken in the hotel room in Austin over the weekend in case you were wondering why we have an ice bucket on top of the TV. I'm wearing my first pair of maternity pants. Previously I had been trying to squeeze myself into regular sweat pants and leggings. They would be so tight on my belly that when I took them off I would have lines on my stomach and I would freak out thinking I developed stretch marks in a few hours. This is a better option and saves the anxiety which is put to better use like wondering how I’m going to fit 3 highchairs in the kitchen.

I started a maternity yoga class last night. The whole point is to strengthen core muscles and practice breathing for labor but since I'm having a c-section my goal is just to strengthen my muscles in preparation of hauling around 3 kids and 2 pugs (one of whom is morbidly obese, partially blind and insists on being carried up and down the stairs). Also, I like to check out the other pregnant moms.
This class is really a sight to behold. It is for 2nd and 3rd trimester moms. There is a little skinny instructor in the front with her bones and stomach muscles poking through her perfect yoga clothes. And then all of us wearing men's tee-shirts rolling around on the floor red-faced and getting swollen wrists and ankles form trying to hold poses. If it wasn't supposed to be so darn quiet, I would be laughing and giggling the whole time. But I love it because it makes me laugh and stretch and the instructor is fantastic. She had another triplet mom that came back to do the mother/baby yoga class which she was able to do because the instructor and someone else each took a baby. I’ll bet that class isn't quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment