Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

20 Week Sonogram

Below are some pictures from our 20 week sonogram and check up.

Baby A- The Boy (Rich got a good look at the confirmation that this is in fact a boy)

This is side profile with a good shot of his ear, shoulder and rib cage. He is the biggest; I think they said he is measuring about 1 week and a few days bigger than gestational age. All of his organs and development seem to be right on schedule. I'm not sure what is in front of his face but it looks to me like a piece of pepperoni pizza.

Baby B- One of the Girls

This was the best shot we could get today. She is right in the middle so getting a good shot of her is a little tricky but it is an excellent picture of her chin. She is looking forward with one of her hand behind her ear, almost like she is lounging. She is nice and big also, measuring about 1 week bigger than her actual age and everything else looked great.

Baby C- One of the Girls

This is front shot and it looks like she is rubbing her eye with one hand and the other arm and hand are on the other side of the head. She is little smaller than the other two but still a few days bigger. This time they identified what they think is a ventricular septal defect (VSD) in her heart. Basically this is a hole between the wall of the right and left ventricle. Both Rich and I knew something was amiss because they spent so much time looking at her heart compared to the other two. My doctor said that it is very small and if you had to pick a heart problem, this would be the one to pick. Most of the time the hole will close on its own either before birth or during childhood with no problems. But just to be safe side we were referred to a perinatal cardiologist for a second opinion. There is no rush so we don't need to see the cardiologist until 24 weeks and there is nothing to be done in utereo. The cardiologist is involved so they know what to expect at birth.
The other news is that it looks like I'm starting to go down that slippery slope of early labor. Everything still looks okay (no picture!) and I don't need to go on bed rest or "house arrest" but I need to be careful about how much I'm on my feet, carrying the pugs up and down the stairs and so forth. I'll be checked again in exactly two weeks and will know more then but it sounded as if I should start making plans for going on bed rest sooner rather than later. I can still keep working as long as I'm not on my feet too much and keep well hydrated. That was very disappointing but that just means I better get busy in the next two weeks!
We also went to a Mom's of Multiples Garage Sale this morning hoping to find a triplet stroller. I just joined this group and we heard that you have to come early to find the big ticket items like strollers and car seats. Both Rich and I had our running shoes on ready to run and fight dirty when the doors opened at 8. We didn't find a stroller but we talked to a few people and another triplet mom who just lives a couple of miles from our house. Her triplets are two and she encouraged me to come to her house to see what a "triplet house" looked like and get an idea of her schedule. She highly recommended getting a night nanny and has a recommendation of the one she used that now only comes once a week during the day.
So we had a very busy couple of days. And now we are going to buy some area rugs for the living room and nursery. Our whole house except for one room is either wood floor or tile so I think I need to some rugs not only to soften the fall of little wobbly toddler legs but also to absorb the some of the sound of three little ones all wanting to eat or be changed at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment