Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 9, 2011

2.5

Two and 1/2 years old? Where has the time gone? Oh right, most of it has been spent doing laundry. Just kidding but that is the way it seems lately. I swear I spend at least and hour a day folding laundry. Now that the weather is colder and they wear more layers and have become much more finicky about their attire it is like my daily laundry has doubled. Not like 2 years ago when I could do 2 days worth in 1 load because their clothes was so little. But then I was also making 24 bottles at a time. I think I'll take the laundry over the bottles.
The big news is that Beckett said a 4 word sentence. I just got off the phone with his speech therapist and they think he has made enormous progress and think he will be all caught up by the time he turns 3.
Just for the record, it is a very difficult sequence for kids to use any vowel other than the letter U after the consonant F. So for example the words FIX, FOX, and FROG all sound like another word that I'm sure he doesn't know that starts with FU..... Pretty funny- for now.
This is what he said- "My birthday coming soon." Then Addy said, "Mees too!" and Eloise said, "Mees too!" Mees is the word they use for mine. I don't think they understand they share a birthday; they just want ANYTHING anyone else has.

As you may have noticed, we have a pretty spectacular wallpaper scene of the Left Bank in Paris on the wall of our breakfast nook which leads to lots of conversations about traveling and going to various places. They think hotels are just the best thing ever and just love the idea of going to various places and talking about what we would see there. One day Addy was upset about something and on the verge of losing it and she looked up at the scene on the wall and said, "GO THERE!! GO THERE, NOW!" and burst out crying. It was like going Paris was the only thing that would make her feel better. Sometime I feel that way too sweetheart.
So we did. We went just like that (thanks to the hand of their father in the spirit of the best left bank artist.)
They loved it. That's the beauty of 2.5 year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment