Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Triplet using china for the first time

I have white tile floors in the kitchen. Yes, white tile with triplets and two dogs. It's a nightmare. At one point I bought a paint drop cloth to put under the feeding table so I wouldn't have to scrub the floor 3 times a day but I haven't been able to bring myself to use it. I get on my hands and knees and hand scrub under the table 3 times, well maybe 2 times a day. It's getting old and I'm getting old so there has to be a better solution.
I'm trying to figure out ways to prevent so much food ending up on the floor and one solution was to put the food on plates or in bowls. I'm not sure why I think this would eliminate some of the mess but I think it is working towards the goal of civilized eating.
The title may be misleading. They are not using MY fine china, although I'm sure Rich would be happy to give them a shot at it hopefully eliminating a few sets, but their own set of china Target-style.
At first I bought the boon stay-put-divided plate. It is supposed to be slip-resistant and edgeless so little fingers can't pick it up. I guess they didn't count on more than 10 fingers trying to manipulate it because it ended up on the floor in about 30 seconds. They have a bowl with suction cups that I just found online that I'm going to try. I only buy one at a time to test it out before investing in one for each baby because with multiples, this is the kind of stuff that really adds up and is very hard to budget for.
Then yesterday was at Target and I found these Munchkin suction bowls that were sooooo much cheaper than the boon products, although not nearly as cool looking. Being the practical shopper, I bought one set hoping I found the solution.
So far so good but it looks like Beckett is testing the waters.


The whole plan is starting to unravel...


And after 30 seconds, it is over...

I don't have a picture of it but after another 30 seconds they figured out that the person next to them had a different bowl so then there was fights, screaming and tears over the inequity of their neighbor having a bowl as well that they couldn't have.

But I'll tell you what, it sure was entertaining to watch.



I guess I forgot to explain to Beckett the different between a finger bowl and a food bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment