Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The latest antics of almost 7 month old triplets

Well Beckett appears to be the winner of the 2nd all night sleeper award. This past week he has been sleeping 12 hours, 8 pm to 8 am. Unfortunately Eloise has stopped sleeping 12 hours. She used to sleep 8 to 8 as well but the past several days she has been getting up at 6:30 am. I can usually get her to go back to sleep if I give her a little bottle but by the time she goes back to sleep, Addy is up.
Speaking of my little Addy-cakes, she still gets up one to two times a night. I'm not sure when she is going to be sleeping through the night if ever. The funny thing is that when she wakes up she cries until you pick her up and then she is happy to be carried and look around while you make the bottle like it is in middle of the day. Happy as a clam as long as she is being held.

Here are some highlights from the last two days....

I've been giving them sippy cups with water just to play with. Addy figured out pretty quickly that if she does it just right then she is rewarded with a sip of water. She loves playing with the cup- for about 5 minutes, then watch out.

(notice she only has one sock on- I can't keep socks on this girl, she is constantly kicking them off)
After about 5 minutes she gets frustrated. I love the look Beckett is giving her.
"Addy, don't ruin this for me. You better stop crying or Mommy is going to take them away."

I was messing around with Addy and Beckett and the sippy cups and making sure Addy didn't flip herself out the Bumbo and I missed the first time Eloise rolled from her back to her stomach. She was playing on her back and next thing I know is she is on her tummy smiling at me. I don't know if it was intentional and I haven't seen her do it since but boy is she proud of herself. Either that, or she really wanted to read that Andy Warhol book.

Because it has been so cold, I haven't been able to take the babies outside for walks so we all are going a little stir crazy. The time from 4:30 to 6:30 at night is the absolute worst as any parent will tell you. My solution has been to try to stretch out their afternoon feeding until a little later and give them more solid food during this time to hold them until their 6:30 bottle.

I've tried this two days in a row and I'm not sure I'm up for a third. The first day I gave them avocado mixed with cereal and they loved it. They loved it so much that they screamed at the top of their lungs anytime the spoon was not in their mouth. I could have feed 1 fast enough but I can't feed all 3 fast enough so it was screaming torture for all of us. They eventually ate it all and were happy when we were done but it was not really a positive experience for any of us.

Then tonight I tried to feed one at a time (avocados and cereal again). I don't know if I mentioned this but I don't have highchairs yet so I'm feeding them either in their Bumbos or in their bouncy seats in the carpeted playroom. I started with Eloise and she kept crying and spitting it out, coughing and sneezing it out of her nose. I know that is a sign of distress so I stopped feeding her but she was hysterical. Addy was next. She did the same thing and was hysterical as well. Beckett was next and at this point I'm feeding Beckett with one hand and sitting with Addy on my lap while she is screaming and throwing herself backwards.

I don't know if you can see the mess on his face, but I usually end up with 3 looking like this screaming. Poor little guy, he didn't like to eat tonight either. Or maybe he didn't like that he had one of the girl's bibs. Seriously at that point I was just lucky I actually got a bib on him.
I feed them their 6:30 bottles and all was calm for about 5 minutes. Then Eloise threw up.
This girl is pretty much always smiling and laughing. Just happy to roll around in her spit-up and make a mess like a little piggy.

Luckily it was bath time and boy did she need it. Her head and face were covered.

Most of the spit up was still on the blanket but I wasn't too concerned because the other two were on the other side of room and I figured I'd clean everything up in an hour when the babies were sleeping. So then I gave Beckett a bath. Then it was Addy's turn and look where I found here. Right in the same spot Eloise had thrown up. How she got over there, I have no idea.

She is practicing looking innocent and taking off her clothes. Thanks for the help.

Okay, so she got a bath as well and of course she decided to poop in the bathtub. Yep, that's right. Her bath got cut short.

It had been such a disastrous and exhausting night. But when I saw them lined up in their pajamas all clean and ready for bed my heart melted. I decided to take a picture so I could remember that moment rather than the previous chaos.
Nice try.

That was the exact moment Eloise bopped Addy on the head. While I was investigating the latest insult to Addy I figured out that Beckett either got into Eloise's mess or spit up himself.

This was the best I could get. I had to get all new pajamas for Beckett.
So to recap, in a matter of 3.5 hours I changed 6 diapers, feed 3 babies solid food, feed 6 bottles, gave 3 baths, dressed 3 babies (one of them twice), cleaned poop out of the bathtub, cleaned up puke twice and put 3 babies to bed.
And then start over again tomorrow.

"After all...tomorrow is another day."
-Scarlett O'Hara, Gone with the Wind (my all time FAVORITE)

No comments:

Post a Comment