Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The phenomenal intuition of multiples

I've heard that multiples can this phenomenal unexplainable intuition about one another. I witnessed it for the first time today.

Today started like any other day. Eloise was trying to push Addy on the riding lion.

Beckett was shopping.

Then he got bored of shopping and joined the girls hovering around the lion.

Eloise going for a stroll.

I was getting the kids ready for their bath after dinner. Whoever is the dirtiest or has the dirtiest diaper is the first in the tub. That was Beckett tonight so I was carrying him out of the play room and I heard a thud. I knew it was bad before I turned around and saw Eloise on her side with blood coming out of her mouth.
She was walking and fell forward. I didn't see it but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with her falling straight as a board and refusing to bend at the waist or knees to protect herself.

I put Beckett down, scooped her up and ran to the bathroom. Once I got there I wasn't sure why that was my first instinct. She was hysterical and all she wanted to do was suck on my white shirt. It was one of those moments where I was telling myself to stay calm and think logically. All I could think about was whether or not she needed to go to the Emergency Room. Finally she calmed down and I got a good look at it and it looked to me like it was not split open. Meanwhile both of us are covered in blood and luckily she only had a diaper on but meant she had blood all over her chest and mixed with the tears and drool, it was just a pitiful sight.
After her lip stopped bleeding and she stopped crying, I washed her off, gave her a lovie, gave her Tylenol, and got her dressed in pajamas. She probably cried for 20 minutes but much of that was mostly sniffling and snuggling with me. The other two needed baths and to be changed into their pajamas and I do a lot of juggling but I've never tried to hold one baby and bath and change another so I thought I was going to be in a bit of a pickle. Luckily when I put Eloise down with a book she was still a little sniffly but willing to be put down and sit by herself.

I went back to Beckett with the full diaper and took him to the changing table in the nursery and then heard the most wonderful thing- both Addy and Eloise belly laughing. I don't know what was making them laugh but when I peaked in carrying a naked little boy on his way to the tub, Addy was plunked next to Eloise on the floor pointing at her.

Mostly that time of night when the babies are interacting it is book and lovie stealing followed by wailing. But tonight, Addy was sitting next to Eloise making her laugh and entertaining her the whole time I was taking care of Beckett. I was beside myself.

Addy was next in the tub and while I was getting her dressed, Beckett crawled next to Eloise and started to play with her, or more appropriately wrestle with her making her laugh and scream.



I've never seen any of them wrestle like this before. I don't know how else to explain what Addy and Beckett did tonight other than intuition. I snapped a few pictures and then just watched in awe at these amazing little people. It left me speechless.

Eloise is probably going to have a pretty puffy lip tomorrow but going to be fine.
My shirt on the other hand is not. I probably should have changed out of it before Rich got home because he almost wet his pants in fright when he saw me.

No comments:

Post a Comment