Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Morning Entertainment

I don't know how I'm going to entertain the kids when/if we move from this townhouse- more on that later. Between the schoolkids ("babies" to Addy), the dog park, the firetrucks and the garbage trucks just looking out the window can be 10 minute entertainment. Doesn't sound like much but if I don't hear whining or fighting or someone is hanging on my legs begging for "cheese" for a whole 10 minutes, I am forever grateful.
Thursday it was the garbage trucks during breakfast which came to my rescue. For Beckett to sit and consume calories for an extended period of time is unheard of. He was so enthralled I kept sneaking more food in his bowl and he ate just kept eating and watching and eating and watching...


It was a red letter day for everyone when after the garbage truck left another flatbed truck with a CRANE on it came by to replace the large garbage receptacles from the apartment building. You should have seen their faces and the pointing and heard the "ohhs and ahhs." Priceless to watch and priceless time for me to get a few things done.
Not much to report on the house update. I'm still obsessed with a fixer upper I found and can't sleep because I'm obsessing over it and worried someone is going to make an offer before we can. I was MIA from blogging last week because I was busy working on what ended up being a 27-page Powerpoint presentation for Rich outlining the pros, cons, financial considerations, short term and long term plans, contractor estimates and interior design ideas for what I am now calling my dream house. Am I crazy? Without a doubt. But I like to think of it more along the lines of what Bambi calls it- I need a outlet for my creative energy. That and I really like to plan ahead so this project fits the bill. I just wish I had more time to figure out how to incorporate the charts and graphs...

No comments:

Post a Comment