Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

GIVING THANKS

We have so much to be thankful for this year I don't even know where to begin.

These children are nourished by the community of family and friends that had and continues to support us through this amazing journey. Every person has given us their unique gift whether it is clothes, time, toys, thoughts, food or prayer.

I continue to be surprised at the outpouring of support and love for our family and these unique little creatures.

A perfect example is about 2 weeks after the babies came home. I was home by myself with the babies and the phone rang. It was the chaplain from the hospital where I work just calling to check and make sure everything was okay. I'd only met the chaplain once and hadn't worked at the hospital in 3 months so the call came as a surprise. After I hung up I went about chatting to the babies like I normally do about who was on the phone and what we talked about and as I was telling them I got choked up. That's when it hit me how extended the community was that was looked after these babies and continues to do so.

I told them how lucky they were to be surrounded by so many people who cared for them and I told them they will probably never know the lengths that so many people have gone to in order to bring them to us and keep them safe and healthy.

We and honored to be the recipients of so much goodwill and love.
Thank you.

Kate, Rich, Beckett, Eloise and Adeline

No comments:

Post a Comment