Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This day is all about the girls

July 14th is such a remarkable day. It all started two years ago when my mom and I were celebrating our last night in Paris. For those of you who don't know, July 14th is Bastille Day in France, or their Independence Day. We spent the day in typical Independence Day fashion, drinking wine, watching parades, getting bored of parades and sneaking pictures of the cutest guys in the parade.


Wait, let me back up. When this trip was planned I was hoping that I would be pregnant. I wasn't. (I think my mom and tried to forget that fact by drowning in fabulous wine.) Not to sound like a loon but I think this whole crazy triplet journey started a few days earlier while visiting Notre Dame. I MAY have given an unusually large offering to St. Nicholas, the Patron Saint of Children because of my questionable ability to convert from one currency to another...

So our last night there (July 14th) we were at a fabulous hotel with floor to ceiling windows that opened like doors across the street from the Louvre gardens and this was our view:

That night my mom and I opened up the windows, sat in our pajamas in our room in overstuffed very French chairs and watched the fireworks over the Eiffel Tower. It doesn't get much better than that for us girls. Or so I thought.

When I was pregnant and knowing I was going to deliver early, my secret plan was to deliver on July 14th which would have been at 36 weeks. That was the date in my head that was safe and would bring the previous year full circle.

Things don't always go as planned so when I delivered at 30 weeks and 6 days, I thought my grand scheme was ruined. But I must have given a REALLY big offering.

Last year on July 14th was the day that we brought Eloise and Addy home from the hospital. Rich had to be out of town for work and it was my Mom and I with all three alone for the first time. The day would have been complete if Rich was there but there my mom and I were again on July 14th with an experience etched in our minds that is unforgettable and unimaginable just one year earlier.

This year on July 14th I'm sitting here with my husband and 3 amazing children that are healthy, gloriously happy and thankfully sleep 11 hours a night. My mom is in WI and not here but this day will always be about the girls. In honor of that, a few pictures:













Because they are MY girls, they are all about the accessories.
Eloise shopping for pearls.



Addy adores shoes, even if it is just one.


Oh la la, tres chic.

How did that little rascal Beckett sneak in there?

THE END- Addy

No comments:

Post a Comment