Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's not annoying...YET

Seems that my camera is working again but now my computer is overheating. I've tried to finish this post 4 times and my computer keeps shutting down. Ugg. But at least it freaked me out enough to back up all the files.

Addy is picking up new words everyday and encouraging the other two along the way. Now Beckett says, Mama, Dada and pooh. Of course. Anytime I change a diaper, the other two peer over my shoulder yelling, "pooh, pooh, pooh" hoping to catch a glimpse of the good stuff. Despite my best efforts, they haven't really caught on to yelling, "pee-pee" instead. Then they fight over who gets to take the diaper to the garbage. Rich is getting a little concerned that Beckett is too interested in collecting garbage, throwing away garbage,and garbage trucks. I think it must be a boy phase they all go through.

Eloise is going through a Russian phase. All the little girl says is "Da."
-Do you have a wet diaper? Da.
-Do you want a snack? Da.
-What is that? Da.
-Can you tell me what that is? Da.
-Did you bite Beckett in the arm and make him cry? Da.

At least it is better than what Addy learned to say yesterday. I was trying to make dinner and almost lost my mind with the constant demand for cheese and pointing and yelling so I put up the gate to lock the kids out of the kitchen. Addy stood at the gate and yelled, "NO, NOOOO, NOOO, NOOO." Rich and I were cracking up. I was wondering when she would pick up on this word.

So less than 24 hours into her learning the word she has only used it sparingly and appropriately and I think it is pretty cute, for now at least. We could hear her yelling- NO, NOOO, NOOO last night after we put them to bed. I'm pretty sure Beckett had crawled into her crib.

She along with the other two have become quite the tattletales. Like this morning I ran down to get diapers and came back in the room and Beckett was crying holding up his arm, pointing at Eloise and Addy was sitting in a chair laughing. I determined that Eloise bit Beckett purely from the slobber on his arm (no marks)and her propensity to be a little T Rex when she feels like it. Addy was sitting on a chair laughing and then she pointed at Eloise and said- baby, baby, baby. Much like this picture I captured in bathtub. In this case I'm sure he stole her Big Gulp, I mean her toy.


Bath time is prime tattle time. For some reason after one child gets their hair washed they point to the child next to them whining reminding us that someone else needs their hair washed too. Almost like -Look they have dry hair, torture them too. Except for hair washing, getting out and the occasional accidental bucket of water on someones head, they are pretty happy in the bathtub. Eloise is really the exception. She refuses to sit down and will only stand in the bathtub clutching the side in a death grip. She must have one hand on the side at all times or she will pierce your ears with a scream that echos. Because of that, most of the high jinks in the tub involve Beckett and Addy.





Addy is trying desperately to get herself dressed. She can get pants on but can't they then pulled up over her butt. Butt, by the way is another word she picked up the other day.


Right before getting into their cribs while reading books all of the kids do some pretty sweet things from bringing lovies and milk to one another to giving back rubs.

What a lucky guy. A passy and a back rub from his sisters. I swear we will get rid of the passy after he turns two. Remind me to invest in industrial strength earplugs because it is going to get ugly.

Addy is the quintessential bedtime staller. She frequently signs to eat, drink, or wants more kisses or whatever. This is the sign for an Eskimo kiss through the bars.

Eloise has been into kissing lately too but she usually wants to kiss with a lovie in her mouth. Those things are stinky so she is not always the most popular kissing partner. Loverboy is all about kissing. He thinks it is the funniest thing and another bedtime stall technique.

After I said goodnight and closed the door I could hear Addy say- NOO, NOO, NOOOOO. Beckett was either trying to get more kisses or had flipped into her bed. Like I said, the whole NO thing is rather endearing and not annoying... YET.

No comments:

Post a Comment