Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Washington DC- Time to say good-bye

Monday, Memorial Day we headed back home to Dallas after saying goodbye to our family, friends, fabulous hotel room and place where Rich and I met and made our first home. It was bittersweet to leave but we had a almost 3 hour plane ride in front of us.

Getting through security was a little more problematic this time. I don't know why, it just seemed a little less organized, the end of a holiday weekend and people were more in a rush? I don't know but after we got through, we were counting babies, car seats and carry on bags and I saw a crowd out of corner of my eye and 3 guys kind of standing around. In a flash, I jammed all of the babies into to the stroller and took off with them leaving Rich and Isaac with everything else.

I pushed through the crowd (people usually move anyway when they see the stroller) and pushed the stroller right up to the 3 guys standing there and said, "Will you take a picture with my triplets?" Without waiting for the answer I snapped a picture.


It was kind of funny because everyone else was just kind of standing there staring at them and I pushed the stroller right up. They were a little shocked to see the babies but very sweet. I took off right after I snapped the picture because I didn't want to talk to them because I truly don't know their names. All I know is that they have the smoothest, most beautiful skin. Just like a babies bottom. Or like prepubescent boys wearing make-up. I'm just saying...

After our brush with the Bros, we let the babies play for a bit and get out of their car seats because we knew it was going to be a long flight. We just didn't know how long.

Normally the flight is a little under 3 hours. But our time on the plane turned out to be 5 hours. I can't remember exactly what the problem was, something about brakes and weight distribution, but all I know is that I was freaking out because I only had 6 bottles with me. I know that sounds ridiculous but that is 2 bottles per baby and we didn't know how long the delay was going to be. We were contemplating getting off the plane and I asked the flight attendant if I could get off to see if I could get more formula somewhere in the airport. No, I couldn't get off the plane and they don't sell formula. I was desperate and scared for the other passengers.
Anyway, we took off and the babies were unbelievable. Addy only slept for a total of 10 minutes the whole time. She was very focused trying to grab glasses of juice and smiling at anyone who walked by. Beckett slept a good portion of the time and then spent the rest of the time looking over the seat at Addy and I (we were sitting behind him.) Eloise was so funny. She spilled a glass of apple juice on Isaac and he had to seat in a wet seat the whole time. But it didn't stop the two of them from getting comfortable.

Check out the buffet being enjoyed by the lady next to Isaac. He was so good at keeping Eloise away from all of the food until Eloise flung a book and it hit a glass of ice spilling all over the other passenger. She was a good sport but it scared Eloise so much she started to cry. The only time she cried.

That's it. We did it. And we will do it again without hesitation. We figured out that at this age, 5 hours is about the max amount of time to be contained without a total meltdown. Thanks to everyone, especially Isaac. You can be our wingman anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment